An IT Support Engineer (Level 2) provides customer-focused support for Candoris data center solutions around VMware, data storage, servers, hyper-converged, networking, and security. They work in a team environment within the Candoris Managed Services unit and provide superior support to customers in small/medium/enterprise markets across commercial, education, and government verticals. In this role, they will:
- Proactively monitor dashboards and program statuses to provide operational awareness to customers and ensure all issues and incidents are responded to on time and tracked to resolution.
- Address customer needs quickly and against SLA requirements.
- Deliver services per Statement of Work (SOW), best practice guides/processes, system integration documents, network design workbooks, and/or engagement overviews.
- Coordinate with customer’s on-site facilities and technical contacts regarding readiness and delivery issues.
- Provide information to customers about their environments by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing potential issues.
- Continually update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, configuration techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED and a minimum of two to four years related work experience.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to see a need and proactively take steps to resolve the issue; pick up and learn new products with little supervision and be adaptable to various situations and tasks.
- Possess excellent written, organizational, and verbal communication skills; above-average problem-solving and decision-making skills; the ability to understand and analyze complex issues and the ability to coordinate and collaborate with customers to ensure successful system support.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with virtualization infrastructure: VMware vSphere (required), or Microsoft Hyper-V (beneficial, but not required).
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience, and certifications in one or more of the following areas:
- Servers: Hyper-converged, Rack or Blade Servers (Dell preferred)
- Data Storage: Compellent, Dell EMC
- Storage Area Networking: FC, iSCSI, FCoE
- Networking: Cisco CCNA, Dell Force 10
- Virtualization Infrastructure: VMware vSphere, Citrix Xenserver, Microsoft Hyper-V
- Managing storage systems that support virtualization (i.e. VMWare)
- Microsoft: Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL
- Experience with Office 365/Exchange Online and Windows 7/8/10 desktop preferred
- Experience with server and network administration, including software deployments
- Servers Operating Systems: Microsoft, Unix, Linux
- Previous Managed Service Provider (MSP) experience a plus
- Annville, PA headquarters office, however, some local travel may be required from time to time (<15%) to support delivery efforts.
Ideal candidates are committed to engaging customers, partners, and fellow employees in a manner that is honest, respectful, and clear. They are team players that are comfortable working in a fast-paced, innovative environment and are dedicated to seeking the success of customers and the Candoris team at all times.