Candoris is looking for a second shift Level 2 Infrastructure Engineer to provide superior support for our managed services (MSP) customers. This position includes a variety of responsibilities including work with our help desk, MSP services, customer infrastructure needs, and back-up monitoring and issue resolution. This candidate will:
- Respond to customer help desk needs including resolution of user issues and proactive alert monitoring.
- Proactively complete health checks for managed services customers.
- Provide information to customers about their environments by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing potential issues.
- Continually update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, configuration techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
HOURS AND LOCATION
- Remote US-based home office. Must work Eastern Standard Time Hours of 5:00 PM – 2:00 AM.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, or 2 – 4 years of equivalent work experience.
- Excellent written, organizational, and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with virtualization infrastructure: VMware vSphere (required),or Microsoft Hyper-V (beneficial, but not required).
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience, and certifications in two or more of the following areas:
- Servers: Hyper-converged, Rack or Blade Servers (Dell preferred)
- Data Storage: Compellent, Dell EMC
- Storage Area Networking: FC, iSCSI, FCoE
- Servers Operating Systems: Microsoft, Unix, with a preference for Linux
- Beneficial knowledge and experience in the areas of Networking and Microsoft products
Ideal candidates are committed to engaging customers, partners, and fellow employees in a manner that is honest, respectful, and clear. They are team players that are comfortable working in a fast-paced, innovative environment and are dedicated to seeking the success of customers and the Candoris team at all times.