A Senior Infrastructure Engineer provides customer-focused support for Candoris data center solutions around virtualization, data storage, servers, hyper-converged, networking, and security. This position will work in a team environment within the Data Center and Infrastructure teams and will provide support to Candoris customers in small/medium/enterprise markets across commercial, education, and government verticals. This candidate will:
- Document implemented solutions with diagrams, and daily customer reports.
- Deliver services per Statement of Work (SOW), best practice guides/processes, system integration documents, network design workbooks, and/or engagement overviews.
- Coordinate with customer’s on-site facilities and technical contacts regarding readiness and delivery issues.
- Serve as the escalation point for any deployment issues.
- Provide information to customers about their environments by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing potential issues.
- Continually update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, configuration techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of equivalent work experience.
- Excellent written, organizational, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to convey abstract technical concepts to customers, including leading whiteboard discussions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with virtualization infrastructure: VMware vSphere (required), Citrix Xenserver, or Microsoft Hyper-V (beneficial, but not required).
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience, and certifications in three or more of the following areas:
- Servers: Hyper-converged, Rack or Blade Servers (Dell preferred)
- Block Storage: Dell EMC ME, Unity, SC, and or PowerStore
- File Storage: Dell EMC Isilon
- Backup & Disaster Recovery Storage: Dell EMC Avamar, Data Domain, RecoverPoint; VMware CloudDR
- Storage Area Networking: FC, iSCSI, FCoE
- Servers Operating Systems: Microsoft and Linux
- Cloud IaaS Solutions: Azure, AWS
- Beneficial knowledge and experience in the areas of Networking and Microsoft products
- Beneficial knowledge and experience with UPS, PDU, and common datacenter power media.
- Industry Certifications such as VMware VCP preferred.
- Central PA, Eastern PA, or NJ home office with daily and overnight travel, when required, to support sales efforts within PA and NJ.
Ideal candidates are committed to engaging customers, partners, and fellow employees in a manner that is honest, respectful, and clear. They are team players that are comfortable working in a fast-paced, innovative environment and are dedicated to seeking the success of customers and the Candoris team at all times.