Candoris has an immediate need for a Senior Network Engineer. The ideal candidate must be skilled and experienced with Fortinet’s Security Fabric technologies (FortiGate, FortiAnalyzer, and FortiManager). They will also be an advanced network and security engineer, able to implement data center and campus network solutions from Fortinet, Cisco, and Palo Alto.
- Independently implement wired, wireless, and security-focused network solutions.
- Identify power, airflow, mounting, and connectivity requirements of solutions. Rack-mount, wire, and perform cable management tasks surrounding infrastructure solutions.
- Perform implementation during standard work hours, evenings, and occasionally on weekends. Travel sometimes with overnight stays to implement and support solutions.
- Document expenses, time, and work performed. Prepare as-built documentation for customers.
- Perform routine network infrastructure upgrades and maintenance.
- Study for and maintain both industry and vendor certifications.
- Review pre-sale documentation, notes, licensing, and sizing materials. Perform pre-implementation review with customers to verify software, power, connectivity, cabling, space, and airflow requirements of infrastructure.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity, information systems management, computer science, or related field and 5+ years of demonstrable information security experience.
- Professionalism with written and verbal communication and a strong focus on customer service.
- Experience with various security applications and technology (firewall, IDS/IPS, antivirus, web application firewalls, URL filters, vulnerability scanner, etc.).
- Experience with common desktop and server operating systems (Microsoft, Linux).
- Understands power, cable media, and connector standards. Able to select appropriate cabling and transceiver solutions. Troubleshoots issues with signal and media length.
- Able to configure Layer-2 switches. Understands concepts behind spanning-tree, and the application of 802.1Q tagging.
- Systems administration proficiency in Windows Server and an ability to troubleshoot system-level performance and configuration issues. Understands Microsoft roles including DHCP, DNS, and Active Directory Domain Controller services.
- Able to configure a variety of routing protocols and first hop IP redundancy solutions.
- Possesses a strong understanding of VLANs and spanning-tree.
- Able to interpret firewall configurations and transpose configurations of NAT, Access, and IPsec from multiple vendors into new platforms.
- Possesses an understanding of virtualization technology and is able to administer common hypervisor solutions.
HOURS AND LOCATION
- Central/Eastern PA, NJ, MD, DE or NY home office with daily and overnight travel, when required, to support sales efforts within those territories.
Ideal candidates are committed to engaging customers, partners, and fellow employees in a manner that is honest, respectful, and clear. They are team players that are comfortable working in a fast-paced, innovative environment and are dedicated to seeking the success of customers and the Candoris team at all times.