A Senior Penetration Tester will lead and perform security engagements such as penetration tests, risk assessments, and vulnerability assessments that identify weaknesses within customer environments. This role will simulate adversarial activities by researching, detecting, analyzing, and exploiting vulnerabilities to test and validate customer security controls.
- Liaise with prospective and current customers to understand their security needs and potential risk exposures.
- Develop a detailed and robust understanding of business requirements and other driving factors for customers to tailor penetration testing and other relevant security engagements to meet those needs.
- Play a leadership role in performing technical security assessments, risk assessments, and penetration tests in customer environments (physical, network, wireless, web applications, etc.).
- Develop technical and strategic recommendations to address issues uncovered in the assessment process
- Maintain competence in security technology and stay abreast of trending threats and attack vectors
- Have familiarity with reviewing a variety of security and networking logs in order to identify and investigate anomalous activity.
- Respond to security incidents as part of the Incident Response Team
- Implement, configure, and support security tools such as firewalls, anti-virus software, patch management systems, authentication software, etc…
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity, information systems management, computer science, or related field. (Relevant experience can be substituted in lieu of education.)
- Relevant Security/Networking certifications (OCSP, CEH, CCNA, CISSP) are preferred.
- 5+ years of demonstrable information security experience.
- Experience with various security applications and technology (firewall, IDS/IPS, antivirus, application whitelisting, vulnerability scanner, e-mail security, etc.).
- Experience with cloud security (Office365, Azure, AWS) preferred.
- Knowledge of NIUST, CIS, HIPPA, CMMC, and other regulations/frameworks preferred.
- Remote home office, preferably in the Central or Eastern United States
Ideal candidates are committed to engaging customers, partners, and fellow employees in a manner that is honest, respectful, and clear. They are team players that are comfortable working in a fast-paced, innovative environment and are dedicated to seeking the success of customers and the Candoris team at all times.