A Solution Architect provides customer-focused support for Candoris data center solutions around virtualization, data storage, servers, hyper-converged, networking, and security. This position offers pre and post-sales assistance, training, and support to our clients. They function as either a lead or part of an implementation project team, providing services to the client on-site or remotely. Typical responsibilities of this role:
Install, support, and maintain client hardware and software infrastructure.
Provide information to customers about their environments by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing potential issues.
Document implemented solutions with diagrams and daily customer reports.
Deliver services per Statement of Work (SOW), best practice guides/processes, system integration documents, network design workbooks, and/or engagement overviews.
Coordinate with customer’s on-site facilities and technical contacts regarding readiness and delivery issues.
Serve as the escalation point for any deployment issues.
Continually update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, configuration techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Central PA, Eastern PA or NJ home office with daily and overnight travel, when required, to support sales efforts within PA and NJ.
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of equivalent work experience.
- Excellent written, organizational, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to convey technical concepts to customers, including leading whiteboard discussions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with virtualization infrastructure: VMware vSphere (required), Citrix Xenserver or Microsoft Hyper-V (beneficial, but not required).
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience, and certifications in two or more of the following areas:
- Servers: Hyper-converged, Rack or Blade Servers (Dell preferred)
- Data Storage: Compellent, Dell EMC
- Storage Area Networking: FC, iSCSI, FCoE
- Servers Operating Systems: Microsoft, Unix, with a preference for Linux
- Beneficial knowledge and experience in the areas of Networking and Microsoft products
Ideal candidates are committed to engaging customers, partners, and fellow employees in a manner that is honest, respectful, and clear. They are team players that are comfortable working in a fast-paced, innovative environment and are dedicated to seeking the success of customers and the Candoris team at all times.