A Senior Infrastructure Engineer provides customer-focused support for Candoris data center solutions around virtualization, data storage, servers, hyper-converged, networking, and security. This position will work in a team environment within the Data Center and Infrastructure teams and will provide support to Candoris customers in small/medium/enterprise markets across commercial, education, and government verticals. This candidate will:
- Document implemented solutions with diagrams, and daily customer reports.
- Adhere to the Candoris “Plan, Design, Implement, Test, and Document” methodology.
- Deliver services per Statement of Work (SOW), best practice guides/processes, system integration documents, network design workbooks, and/or engagement overviews.
- Coordinate with customer’s on-site facilities and technical contacts regarding readiness and delivery issues.
- Serve as the escalation point for any deployment issues.
- Provide information to customers about their environments by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing potential issues.
- Continually update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, configuration techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Central PA, Eastern PA or NJ home office with daily and overnight travel, when required, to support sales efforts within PA and NJ.
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of equivalent work experience.
- Excellent written, organizational, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to convey technical concepts to customers, including leading whiteboard discussions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with virtualization infrastructure: VMware vSphere (required), Citrix Xenserver or Microsoft Hyper-V (beneficial, but not required).
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience, and certifications in two or more of the following areas:
- Servers: Hyper-converged, Rack or Blade Servers (Dell preferred)
- Data Storage: Compellent, Dell EMC
- Storage Area Networking: FC, iSCSI, FCoE
- Servers Operating Systems: Microsoft, Unix, with a preference for Linux
- Beneficial knowledge and experience in the areas of Networking and Microsoft products
Ideal candidates are committed to engaging customers, partners, and fellow employees in a manner that is honest, respectful, and clear. They are team players that are comfortable working in a fast-paced, innovative environment and are dedicated to seeking the success of customers and the Candoris team at all times.