At Candoris, we believe that our people are our most valuable asset. We have deliberately created a missional company committed to ethical management principles, where employees are proud to make an impact beyond the bottom line and are treated with respect, honesty, and fairness. We invite you to join our growing team that has been named a Best Place to Work in Pennsylvania (2015-2018), an Inc.5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America (2015-2018), and one of the 50 Fastest Growing Companies in Central PA (2015-2018).
A Senior Infrastructure Engineer provides customer-focused support for Candoris data center solutions around virtualization, data storage, servers, hyper-converged, networking, and security. This position will work in a team environment within the Data Center and Infrastructure teams and will provide support to Candoris customers in small/medium/enterprise markets across commercial, education, and government verticals. This candidate will:
- Document implemented solutions with diagrams, and daily customer reports.
- Adhere to the Candoris “Plan, Design, Implement, Test, and Document” methodology.
- Deliver services per Statement of Work (SOW), best practice guides/processes, system integration documents, network design workbooks, and/or engagement overviews.
- Coordinate with customer’s on-site facilities and technical contacts regarding readiness and delivery issues.
- Serve as the escalation point for any deployment issues.
- Provide information to customers about their environments by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing potential issues.
- Continually update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, configuration techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Central PA, Eastern PA or NJ home office with daily and overnight travel, when required, to support sales efforts within PA and NJ.
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of equivalent work experience.
- Excellent written, organizational, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to convey technical concepts to customers, including leading whiteboard discussions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with virtualization infrastructure: VMware vSphere (required), Citrix Xenserver or Microsoft Hyper-V (beneficial, but not required).
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience, and certifications in two or more of the following areas:
- Servers: Hyper-converged, Rack or Blade Servers (Dell preferred)
- Data Storage: Compellent, Dell EMC
- Storage Area Networking: FC, iSCSI, FCoE
- Servers Operating Systems: Microsoft, Unix, with a preference for Linux
- Beneficial knowledge and experience in the areas of Networking and Microsoft products
Ideal candidates are committed to engaging customers, partners, and fellow employees in a manner that is honest, respectful, and clear. They are team players that are comfortable working in a fast-paced, innovative environment and are dedicated to seeking the success of customers and the Candoris team at all times.